Monday 2 April 2012

Banana Bread

While Dan and I prefer to document our experiences dining out rather than our experiences in the kitchen, we thought we'd have a little dabble.

Tegan (my housemate) had overripe bananas, Dan had never eaten banana bread before and so I decided it was the perfect opportunity to make banana bread... and a little baking can be fun.

Using the trusty taste.com.au website I found a simple and popular banana bread recipe. And after a quick trip to the supermarket I was ready to get baking.




After combining all the ingredients and the mixture was ready, I decided to have a little fun with my banana bread. So I filled the loaf pan with most of the mixture and put a few tablespoons into a small circular pan - this is where the fun happens.



I added more mashed banana to my 'fun' mixture, smoothed the surface and sprinkled rainbow choc chips over the top. No, I was not seeing any children later that day, I made this specifically for Dan... he's a bit of a sweet tooth.


Both the loaf and the banana choc chip cookie-cake turned out perfectly. If it wasn't for my horrendously small kitchen, I might have even been inspired to bake more often. Maybe one day.


For breakfast the next day, we grilled thick slices of banana bread and added cinnamon butter - it was delicious. Dan is now officially a fan of banana bread.


As much I would love to be a baking genius and throw together my own wonderful creations, I'm afraid that I followed the recipe almost perfectly. But now that I have tried it once, there are changes I would make in the future - such as adding more cinnamon and maybe even experimenting with other spices. I noticed Nigella Lawson tweeted a banana bread recipe on the same day and I would definitely be interested in giving her recipe a try too.

As a simple snack or breakfast, however, this banana bread was perfect.

- Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment